Distribution Dayshift Manager
- Type: Permanent
- Location: Stake Hill
- Department: Logistics, Distribution and Warehouse
Chances are, if you're looking to work with us, you've probably got some idea of what we're all about. But allow us to introduce ourselves: Footasylum was born in late 2005, with a mission to bring some excitement to the streetwear scene. Going from a single unit in Wilmslow to over 60 high street stores nationwide, our team have a passion for the product and their collective knowledge is what separates us from the competition. In a world where clothes shopping is a stale affair, Footasylum retail environments are unique and intriguing. We move beyond the traditional and aren't afraid to break the mould. Always cooler, always faster, always ahead of the game: We are Footasylum.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Organise the daily running of all Distribution Centre departments.
- Organise the Storage and Distribution of goods.
- Monitor the quality, quantity, cost efficiency of the movement and storage of goods.
- Able to allocate and manage staff resources according to change needs.
- Able to analyse data to monitor performance and plan improvements and demand.
- Set up the correct shift patterns for all Distribution Centre departments according to service requirements.
- Organise staff planning to forecasts for peak and off peak on all Distribution Centre operations.
- Monitor and study Distribution processes and KPI targets to achieve maximum efficiencies and achievable SLAs..
- Develop and monitor processes within a Booking in department
- Balance and prioritise workloads to meet demands.
- Organise external collections of picked goods at peak and off peak with external carriers.
- Develop and monitor the management team.
- Motivate other members of the team with the Distribution Centre.
- To keep Distribution errors and out of stocks to a minimum and achieve 0.5% rate.
- Attend weekly operations and manpower meetings.
- Reduce cost savings on all materials.
- Develop, implement and maintain Health and Safety procedures.
- Develop, implement and maintain Security procedures.
- Manage all staff training requirements.
- Introduce SOPs for all Distribution activities.
- Help with the developing and planning of vehicle routes.
- Setting Distribution objectives.
- Organise Project Management.
- Set up and maintain interdepartmental cross training to achieve a multi trained workforce.
- Introduction of daily team briefings with understanding of workloads and expectations.
- Introduction of KPI and staffing reports daily by each team.
- To set goals and expectations of what is to be achieved by each Distribution team.
- Set individual and team KPIs.
What we offer:
- At least 3 years previous experience on Distribution management.
- Have an understanding of the whole Supply Chain.
- Experience of liasing with external Transport companies
- Prior knowledge of setting achievable KPIs.
- Strong commercial understanding of the Distribution and Ecommerce market.
- Experience of working with Merchandising and Retail departments.
- Develop relationships with all internal and external departments.
With some great benefits and the opportunity to progress within the business, there are plenty of reasons why working for Footasylum should be the next step in your career.