Product Developer / Garment Technologist
- Type: Permanent
- Location: Head Office
- Department: Design
Footasylum was established in 2005 and now trades from over 70 high street stores across the UK. Footasylum has made a name for itself as one of the leading retailers of fashion street wear and sportswear on the UK high street.
Apart from all that, we are an awesome place to work. We are passionate about retail, innovation and we are looking for the best talent to help us drive our company to the next stage.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Conducting fit sessions in-house; making confident commercial decisions along with Buying team
- Analysing technical issues accurately and sending clear, concise and accurate comments to suppliers; processing samples in a time manner
- Liaising with Design and Buying team to offer technical guidance on new product development
- Working towards a critical path and highlighting any potential issues to Merchandising and Supply Chain team
- Ensuring compliance with fibre composition labelling regulations, product safety and REACH legislation
- Assisting with bulk QC checks where required
What we offer:
- Technical qualification to degree level
- Minimum of 2-3 years experience within a similar role in a fast-paced environment
- Multi product experience (ideally on menswear, childrenswear & womenswear)
- Flexibility to travel trips to the warehouse & overseas factory visits.
- Confident using Outlook, Excel and Word.
- Understanding of garment construction, fitting and fit issues is essential, as is knowledge of grading and grade rules
- Must be organised and have a proactive nature
- Must hold a full clean UK driving license and passport
This is an opportunity to work for a growing retailer with the chance to collaborate with the world’s biggest brands. You’ll have the ability to collaborate with department heads and senior stakeholders to implement campaigns which will fundamentally impact the retail and online environment. This role has plenty of room for progression.