- Type: Permanent
- Location: Head Office
- Department: IT
Footasylum was established in 2005 and now trades from over 70 high street stores across the UK. Footasylum has made a name for itself as one of the leading retailers of fashion street wear and sportswear on the UK high street.
Apart from all that, we are an awesome place to work. We are passionate about retail, innovation and we are looking for the best talent to help us drive our company to the next stage.
Role and Responsibilities:
- As a Developer, you will work with a Product Manager, Technical Architect and Delivery Manager to produce value adding solutions for the business
- Assisting the Technical Architect in the design and implementation of services, you will contribute to, and advocate for, best practices. You will engage in peer reviews and problem solving through pair programming
- Working with the Product Manager, you will translate business requirements into technical solutions, ensuring constraints and implementation details are communicated clearly to a range of technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Taking a test first approach, you will be responsible for ensuring code is appropriately protected, and that existing unit and integration tests are maintained
What we offer:
- Experience in designing scalable and resilient enterprise solutions.
- Experience writing and maintaining unit and integration tests.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to explain technical issues to non-technical staff.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- The ability to prioritize, work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- A constant desire to learn about software development by attending conferences, meet-ups and events.
You are the kind of person that loves to solve problems. You are always looking for new things to learn and you want to share what you know with your team.
Within your current organisation you are seen as a team player, supporting those around you, rising to new challenges, and new ways of working.
For you, it’s not just about the technical solution, you want to understand how you are delivering value to the business.