Product Manager - Services Architecture
- Type: Permanent
- Location: Head Office
- Department: IT
Footasylum was established in 2005 and now trades from over 70 high street stores across the UK. Footasylum has made a name for itself as one of the leading retailers of fashion street wear and sportswear on the UK high street. But apart from all that, we are an awesome place to work. We are passionate about retail, fashion and innovation and are looking for the best talent to help us drive our company to the next stage.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Creating and owning the backlog for the services architecture required to support the growth of the business.
- Working closely with the technical architects, QA leads and delivery managers to create a robust and scalable solution for the business.
- Ensuring a DevOps first mentality and approach across the team to minimise the amount of time and effort needed to release code into the production environment.
- Responsible for the priority of work in the backlog for their team.
- Clearly defines the problem or opportunity the business needs to address.
- Validates the proposed solution with the business.
- Work with BI team to ensure the business can make data driven decisions.
- Create the documentation for the backlog; Wardley Maps, gherkin user stories & swim-lane diagrams.
- Work with the delivery manager and technical architect to organise and facilitate any necessary planning sessions with the business, developers and QA.
- Responsible for the go / no-go decision for any items in the backlog.
- Empowering the team to give them the creativity and space needed to solve critical business problems.
- Creating and contributing to a fun, healthy, honest and happy team dynamic.
- Breaking down work into the smallest viable components for delivery.
- Building relationships and trust with stakeholders across all areas to create a clear shared understanding of the expectations and the outcomes that will be achieved.
- Delivering using a CI or CD pipeline.
- Agile, Lean or Kanban methodologies.
- Creating roadmaps and managing backlogs across multiple teams.
- Documentation; Gherkin User stories, swim-lanes, functional and non-functional requirements.
- Good experience of TDD and BDD.
- Technical awareness of API Management, Services Architecture, Event Hubs and Serverless.
- Stakeholder management.
- Communication skills.
- Mentoring and coaching.
Desirable skills and experience
What we offer:
- Documentation; Wardley Maps, Gherkin stories.
- Retail or fast paced dynamic background.
As the Product Manager for the services architecture, you’ll be creating and owning a backlog of work which will be fundamental to the digital transformation at Footasylum. All services will be done with a DevOps approach of ensuring the work can be safely delivered to production with the minimum number of manual tasks. You will work with stakeholders from various project teams such as retail, ecommerce, CX and logistics to ensure the services will meet the requirements for these teams. This will involve creating a vision to identify opportunities or introduce new features or improve existing processes and systems. You’ll create the necessary documentation and then review with the stakeholders before working with the development teams to breakdown and deliver the necessary work. At the heart of this will be a collaborative, fun, honest and dynamic culture.