- Type: Permanent
- Location: Head Office
- Department: IT
Footasylum was established in 2005 and now trades from over 70 high street stores across the UK. Footasylum has made a name for itself as one of the leading retailers of fashion street wear and sportswear on the UK high street.
Apart from all that, we are an awesome place to work. We are passionate about retail, innovation and we are looking for the best talent to help us drive our company to the next stage.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Researching the internal customer’s needs and goals to identify their most important tasks
- Creating and testing prototypes (MVPs) with external customers
- Working with the Product Owner and Delivery Manager to create service blueprints or user journey maps
- Be involved in the full product-design life cycle
- Coach the team to ensure the product solves the problems for the external customers
- Using the best principles and methodologies available for delivering business value quickly
- Creating and contributing to a fun, healthy, open and happy team dynamic
- Building relationships and trust with stakeholders across all areas to create a clear shared understanding of the outcomes being achieved
- Empowering the team to give them the creativity and space needed to solve critical business problems
- User centred design to create products or services.
- Creating user journeys and service blueprints.
- End to end design processes such as storyboards, wireframes and prototypes.
- Lead Service design sessions.
- Agile, Lean, Kanban methodologies.
- Stakeholder management
- Communication skills
- Adobe CC software
- Familiarity of UX prototyping tools
- Conduct remote and on-site usability testing
- Collaboration with other designers, product design, engineers and development teams
- Awareness of Design thinking principles and the ability to make justified design decisions
Desirable skills and experience
What we offer:
This is an opportunity to be leader in part of a transformational project for the company. The UX Designer will build a collaborative culture by working with the business to create service blueprints and user journey maps in order to solve problems with existing services and processes.
You will create prototypes in order to demonstrate how the problem can be solved and use these to test the assumptions of the team. You’ll work alongside product managers, architects, developers and designers to create an environment where creativity and innovation can thrive.