Garment Technologist - (12 month MAT)
- Type: Permanent
- Location: Head Office
- Department: Design
Footasylum was established in 2005 and now trades from over 70 high street stores across the UK. Footasylum has made a name for itself as one of the leading retailers of fashion street wear and sportswear on the UK high street.
Apart from all that, we are an awesome place to work. We are passionate about retail, innovation and we are looking for the best talent to help us drive our company to the next stage.
Role and Responsibilities:
- QC check own brand production & feedback to factories
- Organise sample rails and archive old samples & submission files
- Assist with measuring & sending comments on samples – men’s, women’s and juniors
- Assist with the checking of submissions sent from the factories; send comments back to the factory on suitability for end use
- Support with managing log of own brand returns
- The role is based in the head office and the warehouse
What we offer:
- Technical qualification to degree level
- Minimum of 2-3 years experience within a similar role in a fast-paced environment
- Multi product experience (ideally on menswear, childrenswear & womenswear)
- Flexibility to travel trips to the warehouse & overseas factory visits.
- Confident using Outlook, Excel and Word.
- Understanding of garment construction, fitting and fit issues is essential, as is knowledge of grading and grade rules
- Must be organised and have a proactive nature
- Must hold a full clean UK driving license and passport
This is an opportunity to work for a growing retailer with the chance to collaborate with the world’s biggest brands. You’ll have the ability to collaborate with department heads and senior stakeholders to implement campaigns which will fundamentally impact the retail and online environment. This role has plenty of room for progression.